The former fashion institute on the corner Brunnenstrasse / Veteranenstrasse was built in 1903-04 using a steel frame construction based on plans by architects Lachmann and Zauber.
After the sale of Jandorf & Co. in 1927, the building went to the department store of Hermann Tietz and later, after a renovation in the 1950s, became a fashion institute of the GDR. The building has been used for occasional exhibitions since 1990 and has been left empty for some time.
The aim was to end the vacancy and to transform the building into an office space. Baumgarten Simon Architekten carried out the planning for a renovation and modernization of the building into a modern office space according to today’s criteria in phases 1 to 6.